Before your treatment –
During your initial consultation, we will show you the PicoSure Laser and explain how it works in regards to tattoo removal so you know what to expect the day of your first treatment. At Medical Skin Solutions we have the added benefit of being located within the Paradise Point Family Medical Centre allowing for immediate access to GP’s and medical professionals if we require a second opinion on any possible skin conditions. In very rare cases there are elements that present themselves which will affect either the results or the ability to remove the tattoo. This is why it is extremely important to visit a qualified and experienced clinic when it comes to laser tattoo removal.
Once all of the assessments have been completed, there are just a few things you should do prior to your first laser session:
· Minimise or completely avoid (if possible) sun exposure to the tattoo area for up to 6 weeks before the treatment.
· Do not apply fake tan at least 10 days prior to treatment.
· Ensure the area of the tattoo and the skin around the tattoo is clean and has no skin-care products remaining (such as moisturiser and or fake-tan).
· Avoid taking any blood-thinning medication prior to the treatment such as Aspirin (ibuprofen).
· The day before your first laser tattoo removal treatment, shave the tattooed area.
· Apply numbing cream approximately 1 hour before the treatment (optional).
Ensuring the correct procedure is followed prior to treatment will enhance both the results of the tattoo removal and the recovery process.